Wednesday, November 12, 2008

the acceptence speech

a few weeks ago, my sister Lori asked me "how" to vote. she never voted before and couldn't wait to cast her vote for Barack Obama. she was so eager to know things and looked to me, her older sister, to give her the guidance. it was rather adorable and i remember thinking at that moment that my little sister was all grown up.

i was such an active advocate for Obama and for getting people to vote. then Lori died, and I didn't even care anymore. i, myself, didn't even vote. but when i got home from the funeral on Tuesday, i turned on the television and felt so proud to see that Obama totally rocked it. i felt Lori with me at that moment and i knew that if she were still here, she would have been the most excited about his victory (and probably the loudest in the room).

i watched his acceptance speech and was on the verge of tears the entire time. for lots of reasons.

when i read it, it touched me even more. here is the transcript of Obamas acceptance speech.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

kelli, all i can say is i love you and i am here for you, whatever you may need.

xoxox
-anna