Tuesday, January 20, 2009

a new day begins












Today i can say that i am proud to be an American. History has been made and change is among us. President Barack Hussein Obama. Our 44th President of the United States.

I watched his inauguration today in tears. Tears of happiness, tears of hope. I hold my future and the future of my country in the hands of this one man, and feel undeniably confident in his dreams, because they are my dreams. I believe that my daughter will live in a better world because of this and ther is nothing, abolutely nothing that makes me happier than that.

Today is our day and this is our time.

President Obama Inagural Address

Rev. Joseph Lowery's Inagural Benediction


Inaugural Poem recited by Elizabeth Alexander


Rick Warren's Inaugural Invocation

No comments: