Monday, January 19, 2009




























Everyone is excited about tomorrows Presidential Inauguration...even Ms. Rose!!

I'm not sure exactly how to express my excitement. It's like when I was 8 and I got the first Nintendo and screamed for like 10 minutes straight and then dramatically dropped to the floor in utter disbelief and amazement ...yeah, THAT excited. I'm totally bummed that I won't be there in person though, as I had originally planned, but times are tough and we just can't swing it. Now, I will be probably be watching it in the cafeteria at my job, which always has the unique stench of hot dogs.

Whatever though, its just a thrilling event to even be alive for and to have my daughter be witness s to as well.

Last night, I watched an HBO Inauguration Special that included Beyonce and Mary J and Shakira and just all these celebs, and as I was watching it I thought two things...one, did Bush get some sort of shindig of the same caleber? I dont remember because I didnt care. And two, if it did happen, who was there? I'm sure it included some redneck banjo band.

Obama just rocks! The fact that so many people are listening and becoming involved the happenings of our country is such an amazing accomplishment. I love that people are paying attention again to whats going on around them and talking about it. People say that putting a flag outside your house, or a sticker on your car is what makes you patriotic, but having an interest in your country and making the effort to understand it and believe in it, that is patriotism. In a way, whether you voted for Obama or McCain, if people are taking the time to educate themselves on whats going on in our world, we are all sort of in a better place.

4 comments:

lauren williams said...

don't hate on banjo bands, dude.

just amodern girl... said...

let me rephrase that..bush lovin' banjo bands

just amodern girl... said...

let me rephrase that..bush lovin' banjo bands

Charles said...

BLACK PRESIDENT!!!!!