Tuesday, November 14, 2006

wait, theres a J train??






















this is my life.

example.

8:23am Tuesday, November 14th
The alarm clock blares at 6:00am and I continue to snooze until 7:15am, because, well thats how I roll. I drag myself out of the greatest bed in the world, put on the coffee pot, hop in the shower, check the weather, put on the suit and the face and head out to work. Sounds normal, right?

Oh no, not in brooklyn. These days, the L train has been testing my nerves. See, my commute to Grand Central SHOULD take a quick half hour, but every morning I have to wait for three jam packed trains to go by before I can even get my ass on one. Even then I am forced to deal with those "awkward" moments from being so up close and personal with my fellow commuters. Needless to say, it takes me over 45 minutes to get to work on a daily basis.

This morning was extra special though. No, this morning as I made my way down the subway stairs, I was greeted with 100 cranky people trampling me on the steps. Then he announcement. "Please carefully evacuate the station". Because thats exactly what I want to hear in New York.

Anyway, appareantly a train got stuck in the tunnel and they needed to get those people out of the subways cars...or some shit like that anyway. There were a thousand pissed off on-lookers with a thousand different stories....and no MTA person in site. Typical.

Luckily, I got to walk the 15 blocks to the J train and take a local all the way up. Oh yes my friends, it was a spectular morning.

And better yet, I picked up the Daily News tonight and read a story about how an A train left the platform with half its doors open....in brooklyn. Get it together MTA, brooklyn is where it is at and you people better start recognizing!!

Heres another Daily News tid bit. And first let me say that I read the Daily News for pure shits and giggles, but today was truly top notch. They had a story about how Guiliani was going to run for president in '08, blah, blah, and next to the enormous picture of his head they had the "Pros" ad "Cons". They were pretty standard, as those things go, except for the last one in the "Con" column. It went a little something like this....

"Lived with two gay men and a chihuaha"

1 comment:

lauren williams said...

um, i don't mean to sound like charles or anything, but maybe all these train headaches are a sign about (covering my head, waiting for explosion)...brooklyn. just kidding!!!! you know i love you brooklynites.