Sunday, February 22, 2009

i'll never be a geographer but...


I am obsessed with Google Earth. I know shit about geography but I just spent quite a few hours looking at the world on my 17" screen and I feel newly enlightened. I also feel like I need to travel a hell of a lot more. It's not like I've never left the country or anything but there is so much of this world that I am intrigued by. Why does traveling have to be so god damn expensive!!

I also decided that I want to live abroad. This decision is based not only on my obvious desire to experience new cultures but because as I was Google Earthing, I was simultaneously watching Michael Moores' documentary "Sicko" and well, if you've seen it, you know why.

But for now, I am sticking by my man Obama and staying here in Brooklyn. In the meantime, I'll just have to plop my butt on my big purple couch and google away to visit places like Tibet and Greece and Ireland. It's also worth it to check out this site. It's got great panoramic views of all sorts of places. Pretty neat stuff.

Tonight I will dream that I climbed Mount Everest or saw the Great Wall of China or explored the Amazon.

No comments: